Although I’ve been writing on this blog for over a year now, I realized that I have never taken the time to actually introduce myself to you in person. So, without further ado, I give you my introductory vlog! I’ve been looking to expand into the vlogosphere for a while now and what better way to start than with an about me video? Let me know what you think. (Also, let me know what you think about the silver vest. Keep? Ditch?)
“You know you’re a twenty-something blogger when your friends and family think you have imaginary friends.” – Jenny Blake, 20sb summit keynote speaker, author, and coach.
This past weekend, I attended the 20 Something Bloggers summit in Chicago. Featuring two days filled with informative sessions and vibrant speakers, the 20 Something Bloggers summit taught me more than I could have ever imagined about blogging, building communities, connecting with brands, coming up with creative content, and vlogging. Not only did I learn a lot, I also connected with other bloggers and creative minds. There is nothing more energizing than spending time with creative, motivated and smart people who share similar passions and goals.
Even if you’re not a blogger or very active in the social media space (or a twenty-something), you can still benefit from some of the pearls of wisdom that came out of the 20 something bloggers summit. Here are 14 pearls of wisdom that I compiled from the seven sessions that I attended at the summit:
- Progress begets progress. (via Scott Belsky, keynote speaker)
- Ideas don’t happen because they’re great. (via Scott Belsky)
- Organize yourself with a bias to action. (via Scott Belsky)
- When trying to make a point, think about the craziest thing you could do to get that point across and then go from there.
- Push yourself. Stretch outside your comfort zone. Do it over and over again.
- Think about yourself in a year from now. How would you feel if you hadn’t made any changes to your life? (via Jenny Blake)
- Big goals require blind faith. (via Jenny Blake)
- Embrace uncertainty.
- Know your personality. Some people are not suited to work remotely. They get distracted by laundry and cats.
- When you get to where you want to be, don’t stop networking. Keep building those relationships.
- Offer a new viewpoint on something that people experience regularly.
- Take a break when you get stuck.
- If something spectacular is happening, don’t lose the moment by introducing yourself.
- Just do it. Make it happen.
I hope you’re feeling motivated after reading these words of wisdom. If not, perhaps you should read these. Or go for a jog. Anyways, I’m feeling energized after attending the 20 Something Blogger Summit and I’m hoping to take apply some new ideas here on my blog. So, sorry in advance for some of the awkward vlogs I’ll be posting in the near future.